Reading Jennifer Hillier’s The Things I Didn’t Do post made me pull out my list of resolutions for 2011 and now it’s my turn to talk about the things we did and did not do.
Here’s what I stated in January:
My goals for 2011 include:
– Submit another novel to my editor — Did it
– Finish the two novels I started last year — Didn’t do it
– Finish the novel, I keep promising my husband. — Didn’t do it
– Market THE FIRST VICTIM…tentative release date 6/13/11! — Did it
– Blog 3x per week (at Killer Chicks on Mondays, and here Wednesdays and Fridays) Pretty much did it
– Draw something every day — Didn’t do it. (hated it!!!)
– Walk a minimum of one mile per day — Didn’t do it.
– Complete a half marathon — Did it!!!!!!
– Report my progress on these goals the first Wednesday of every month — Did it for about about half the year, let it slide the second half of the year.
While it may look like my goals for the year weren’t met, I think I did a pretty good job. There are a bunch of things that weren’t on the list that I accomplished.
1) I wrote a new book, I got a new agent, we sold the new book, I’m currenty working on the copyedits of said book.
2) I’ll finish a second new book by the end of the year
3) Walking a mile per day wasn’t working well with my training program for my half-marathon. Some days are rest days, BUT I’ll have walked WELL over 365 miles in 2011
4) I’m taking a running class. (I suck at it, but I’m doing it.)
5) I’m judging a writing contest
Now I’m starting to think about my resolutions for 2012.
How did YOU do this year?
What do you intend to tackle next year?