I thought I’d check in with my Progress, Not Perfection for the week (I’m nowhere NEAR perfection…sigh)
My goals for the week and my progress:
– complete a 10-12 mile training walk/run (I’m doing a half marathon in less than a month) and three other cardio workouts Got in 10 miles on Monday, but only two other cardio workouts this week.
– to critique a novella for one of my ever-patient critique partners Done! Plus, I critiqued a couple of chapters and brainstormed w/ another partner
– blog at least three times this week exceeded
– write a minimum of 15,000 words of fiction EPIC FAIL!!! I hadn’t realized how much difficulty I would have getting back into this book. (I’d stopped writing it in order to write the synopsis and first few chapters of the third book in the series.) That coupled with the fact I really needed to catch up on a bajillion other things put me way behind on my wordcount. I’ve only written about 4500 words so far this week. If I’m lucky I’ll add another thousand today. Like I said, EPIC FAIL.
– try a new vegetarian recipe Tried two. One was a salad w/ chickpeas, mandarin oranges, cherries, etc. It was awesome. Unfortunately I can’t find the recipe online. The other recipe I tried was for this Cucumber Yogurt Mint Soup. Delish!
– visit with friends Done x 3! Quite the social week for me.
So tell me, what kind of PROGRESS did you make this week?
I’ll be posting next week’s goals tomorrow. I hope you’ll join me as we strive for PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.